One of Interstate’s core values is “Do the Right Thing.” Every employee and every vendor must be familiar with and comply annually with our internal Ethical Practices. Interstate business practices are transparent and “above board” in every aspect. In addition, Interstate spends a significant amount of time, energy and money to ensure that our safety record remains one of the best in the restoration industry. Keeping employees, subcontractors and client personnel safe is paramount on every single project. Interstate’s expertise lies heavily in the commercial property industry—from healthcare and hospitality to industrial and manufacturing, Interstate understands the critical need to reduce business interruption expense and get businesses up and running as quickly as possible.
2. How many offices does Interstate Restoration operate in North America?
Interstate currently operates over 50 offices in North America.
3. How many different industries does Interstate Restoration serve?
With more than 20 years’ experience, Interstate’s qualified team has helped thousands of people in many different industry sectors get back to business quickly. From Fortune 500 companies to small businesses, we give companies the peace of mind that comes with knowing every detail of their project is being professionally handled from start to finish, allowing them to focus on their own businesses. Please see additional details on the industries we serve here.
4. What type of response time could businesses expect from Interstate Restoration in the event of an unexpected disaster?
Our response time in 2015 averaged less than two hours, depending on location and weather conditions. Understanding the client’s expectations long before a storm even hits an area is critical when it comes to proper response. From the moment you call, an Interstate team member will respond immediately and begin mobilizing our team. Through our Priority Response Program, our clients receive top priority over non-client losses during an area-wide disaster. This policy ensures that our clients’ facilities receive prioritized resources such as people and equipment, even when resources are scarce. The prioritization applies regardless of the time of day or the day of week that the resources are needed. Our clients thus gain a competitive advantage with the fastest possible restoration of their operations.
5. What are some of the major U.S. storms to which Interstate Restoration has responded?
Interstate has responded to every U.S. hurricane, tornado, and major flooding and earthquake event since 1998. Read more about our catastrophic storm response.
6. How far in advance of a storm does Interstate Restoration send personnel and equipment to areas that could be affected by a storm?
Interstate continuously monitors weather data to predict and follow weather events. When weather predictions become more certain, we are able to mobilize equipment and crews from our response centers. When most people move to safety, Interstate sets up command centers as close as safely possible to the impact point, while communicating with our clients every step of the way. The moment the storm passes, Interstate crews take action. Critical decisions are made, bringing the right resources required to restore business operations quickly.
7. Is there a way to see Interstate Restoration’s work in action?
Yes. In fact, our clients have great stories to share. In addition, our “How Interstate Responds” video will give you a detailed picture of our best practices. We have also been featured on the Discovery Channel and Fox Business News, among others. Check it out here.
8. How active is Interstate Restoration in the communities where it conducts business?
Interstate strongly believes in supporting the community and strives to give back to both local and national organizations. Individual offices contribute frequently to local community organizations, and we have an annual employee fundraiser at the holidays to help kids and families in need.
9. My company is committed to the environment. Does Interstate Restoration have a commitment to “green” practices?
Interstate has made a strong commitment to sustainability by reducing energy costs and using efficient materials to create healthier work conditions. Our team members hold LEED certifications and are well qualified to ensure that your property meets energy efficiency construction and green living standards.
10. What types of equipment and technology does Interstate Restoration use to repair and restore property damaged by water (flooding, broken pipes, storm, etc.)?
Each project typically has its own unique circumstances; therefore, Interstate uses a variety of tools including infrared cameras, a wide range of industrial-strength dehumidifiers and drying agents. We have also invested in industry relationships that have truly perfected their arts in extraction, specialized cleaning and other areas to cover a wide range of services.
11. What types of equipment and technology does Interstate Restoration use to repair and restore property damaged by fire and smoke?
Clean-up after a fire requires consideration of many variables, so we carry a wide range of equipment and supplies. They include Saltesmo Testing Kits/PH Testing Kits for acidity, Hydroxyl Generators, Ozone Generators, High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Machines, dry ice blasting equipment, and a lengthy list of chemicals.
12. Does Interstate Restoration offer consulting that can help clients prepare ahead of disasters and deal with insurance companies after disaster strikes?
Interstate Property Damage Consulting provides a complete spectrum of pre- and post-loss restoration and construction consulting services. Our team offers an independent and systematic approach to help you streamline insurance claims and return to business quickly.