Industrial and Manufacturing Projects
berry plastics, ny
Service: Emergency Response RestorationSituation:
Berry Plastics', a manufacturer of plastic packaging, Syracuse NY plant operations were completely shut down as a result of a lightning strike to their electrical system. The installation of new components would require the plant to close for 7 days. The 250,000 square foot plant operates 24 hours a day and needed to start up production quickly.
- As a temporary solution, Interstate connected two 1,500 KW generators and used more than 6,000 feet of cable to provide enough power for the plant to operate
- Interstate had the plant back in full operations within 24 hours
- In the first three days, Berry Plastics was able to make up the production they had lost in the first 24 hours. Their customers never knew about the problem
Plastics plant, MA
Reducing Business Interruption and Operational Risk with Rapid Response
Service: Emergency Response Restoration
A leading manufacturer of plastic packaging, experienced severe damage worth $400,000 from a fire in their Massachusetts plant. Water and soot covered more than 70,000 square feet of the building including specialized equipment to run the facility. The plant operates 24/7 and continuing business operations was essential.
- Interstate took care to protect high-tech sensitive equipment and sanitized every inch of the facility
- We ran 2 – 12 hour shifts with a crew of 45 technicians, 5 supervisor/inspectors and one project manager for each shift
- Interstate sanitize the plant in four days while working double shifts over a holiday weekend to get the facility up and running
—Berry Plastics Representative